找回密码
 注册
查看: 742|回复: 0

名家:《公孙龙子》经典语句,思维提升!双语互译

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-8-28 17:36:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

《公孙龙子》是名家的一部重要经典,现在我们用汉英两个版本来欣赏一下!

1.如求白马于厩中,无有,而有骊色之马,然不可以应有白马也。
Now, the regulation color of the white horse and the regulation of the shape of the horse as one thing, is obviously wrong. Further, for example, to find a white horse in the stable, and happen to have no, but only black horses. So, of course, you can't say there's a white horse,
现在,把规定颜色的白马与规定形体的马当作一回事,显然是不对的。再进一步说,譬如要在马棚里找白马,恰巧没有,而只有黑色的马。这样,当然不可以答应说这里有白马。

2.不可以应有白马,则所求之马亡矣;亡则白马竟非马。
Since cannot agree to have white horse in stable, so be to want to seek object to have no. After all, a white horse is different from a horse.
既然不能答应马棚里有白马,那么就是要找的对象没有了。既然要找的对象没有了,所以白马毕竟异于马。

3.欲推是辩,以正名实而化天下焉。
He wanted to spread this logic, and according to this principle to correct the relationship between name and reality, so as to unify the logic of the world.
他想把 这一逻辑道理推广开来,并根据这一原理来端正名实关系,从而统一天下的逻辑规范。

4.龙于孔穿会赵平原君家。穿曰:“素闻先生高谊,愿为弟子久,但不取先生 以白马为非马耳!请去此术,则穿请为弟子。”
Gongsun long met with Confucius at his home in the plain of zhao. Kong shuo said, "I have always heard that Mr. Gao xue, long ago would like to worship you as a teacher, but did not dare to agree with Mr. 'white horse is not a horse' theory, dare to give up this theory, I would like to bow down as a disciple."
公孙龙在赵国平原君家中会见孔穿。孔穿说:“我一向听说先生品学高 尚,早就想拜您为师,只是未敢苟同先生‘白马非马’的理论,敢请放弃这套理论,我便俯首甘拜为弟子。”

5.龙曰:“先生之言悖。龙之所以为名者,乃以白马之论尔!今使龙去之,则无以教焉。且欲师之者,以智与学不如也。今使龙去之,此先教而后师也;先教而后师之者,悖。
Gong sun long said: Sir's words are absurd, I can be famous, relying on the "white horse is not a horse" theory! To abandon this theory now is not to ask me to abandon teaching? And those who worship teachers are always inferior to others in wisdom and knowledge. Now you ask me to give up my theory and proposition, which is to regard teachers first, and then to worship teachers. This kind wants to be a person student but puts on the teacher's posture first. This is ridiculous!
公孙龙说:先生的话未免荒唐了,我之所以能出名,靠的正是‘白马非马’这套理论哩!现在要我放弃这套理论,岂不等于叫我放弃教学?而且要拜人为师的,总是因为智慧和学识不如人家吧!现在您叫我放弃自己的学说主张,这是先以教师自居,然后才想拜人为师。这种要当人学生却先摆出教师爷的架势。未免太荒唐了罢!
翻译的怎么样?欢迎多多评论!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

请大家牢记南瓜园网址 www.nan2008.com

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|南瓜园

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 05:18 , Processed in 0.077363 second(s), 15 queries .